Coquina Sands Association Annual Meeting & Party
Sunday, January 13, 2020 5:00PM
Ridgway Garden Patio
Director’s present: Bill Lutz, Tammy Kipp, Gene Barrett, Nancy Hurst, Mike Assaad, Linc Barefoot, John Calce, Kerry Dustin, Arlene Garrity, Mike McCabe, Terri Moellers, Rex Storter
Director Candidates: Jane Hilk, Cindy Myers
Meeting called to order by Bill Lutz, President at 5:50PM
Coquina Sands Beautiﬁcation Committee: Tammy Kipp
• The committee has had continuing dialog with the City concerning beautiﬁcation of our community medians, islands and tree replacements.
• Matching funds are available from the Blair Foundation for tree replacements within Coquina Sands through tax deductible private donations.
• Introduction of Heather Shields, City Arborist and Project Manager, Blair Foundation Tree Challenge
Blair Tree Foundation: Heather Shields / 239-213-7136 / firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Blair Tree Challenge includes matching funds of up to $500k through December 2021 to help reforest Naples.
• City of Naples Urban Forest manages over 20,000 trees.
• Coquina Sands has 1500 trees under management, including 47 vacant tree locations. • 2700 vacant tree locations within the City
• Since Hurricane Irma 18 trees have been replaced in Coquina Sands • Recent landscape update at Orchid & 41 includes new plants and palms.
• Spring of 2020 will begin a temporary beautiﬁcation of medians from Fleischmann Blvd. to 7th Ave N.
• No new trees will be planted in City medians due to DOT Storm Water Project slated to begin in approximately 5 years.
• Blair Foundation Matching Grants of up to $500k are available through December 2021 to fund a tax deductible tree replacement in your front yard or neighborhood, doubling funds for additional trees to be planted within the City.
Announcements: Bill Lutz
• As FPL buries the power lines on Orchid and Banyan, there will be better landscaping opportunities available.
• If any are willing to commit funds for the betterment of the community, we encourage everyone to reach out to the City and take advantage of this unique matching grant opportunity from the Blair Foundation.
Introduction of CSA 2020 Oﬃcers and Director Candidates: Bill Lutz
Bill Lutz, President
Tammy Kipp, Vice President
Gene Barrett, Treasurer
Jane Hilk, Secretary
• CSA Membership unanimously voted to support the 2020 Board candidates.
• CSA Annual Meeting adjourned at 6:05PM.