Parking Garage at 4th Ave S
July 14, 2017
All Coquina Sands Association members are being sent the following note so that you are aware of an issue affecting the City of Naples. The proposed garage at 4th Avenue South and 4th Street is being rushed through City Council during the summer months, it is high in cost, it is an inappropriate use of community redevelopment funds, and it would add to traffic through the Coquina Sands community on Gulfshore Blvd. and Crayton Rd. Please take a look at the garage coalition website. If you agree with the argument made by the coalition, please sign the petition. If you are so inclined, we have added additional steps you can take to show your opposition to the project. Best regards,
Bill Lutz, President
Coquina Sands Association
Naples Garage Coalition to Oppose the Parking Garage at 4th Avenue South and 4th Street
Issue: The controversial plan for a 350-space parking garage at 4th Avenue and 4th Street is being quietly rushed through City Council during the summer months when so many folks are out of town escaping the heat. If we don’t act, this will be a fait accompli by August 16th.
Coalition: Old Naples Association, Coquina Sands Association, Lake Park, River Park, Citizens for Preserving Naples, Protect Naples and a half dozen condominium associations are forming the Naples Garage Coalition.
Position: The Coalition strongly opposes the misapplication of $15MM of taxpayers’ money to place a 350-space parking garage at this location, and is aggressively pressing the City to consider better options.
Information: The Coalition has created a website (www.44garage.com) to present the many problems associated with this proposal.
What you can do: Please take some time to review the material on the Coalition website. If you agree with the argument, take the following steps:
● Sign the petition to reject a large parking garage in a residential neighborhood
● Let us know your views (either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
● Send a short letter to the Editor of the Naples Daily News. The rules and the online form are here, or you can email the letter directly here.
● Speak to (239-213-1000) or email members of the City Council
● Share your concerns, this email, and the website, with everyone you believe will be concerned about this project
● Check our Facebook page to stay up-to-date in this fast-moving situation
● Mark your calendars for the following critical City meetings:
● City Council Workshop, August 14, 2017, 8:30 AM
● CRA Meeting, August 15, 2017, 8:30 AM
● City Council Meeting, August 16, 2017, 8:30 AM